Overview The Sandip Institute of pharmaceutical science has identified the need of establishing the Incubation and Innovation Centre at its well-resourced campus and is in process of developing the same. The proposed incubation centre shall nurtures innovation and encourages entrepreneurial talents among students, faculty and people of the region. It shall facilitates inter-disciplinary research and provides incubation facilities to start ups and budding entrepreneurs.
The major aim of this pharma innovation and incubation centre is, “To encourage the students and faculty members with innovative ideas and develop these ideas into commercial products and bridging the gap between Industry and Academia”. At the same time support will be given to protect the ideas of the students and scientists as patents.
- Encourage students and faculty for innovation, idea generation and product development
- Provides seed fund to transform an idea into a product
- Arranges workshops for students and faculty in the field of entrepreneurship
- Help with the patenting process
- Aims to generate patentable ideas every year
- Facilitates at least two innovative products that are socially relevant
- Healthcare sector
The training programs will be conducted round the year to motivate the young brains for innovative ideas and solutions to existing healthcare and pharmaceuticals related problems. The generated ideas will be mentored in the incubation centre to convert it in to a start-up. The incubation centre facilities can also be extended to support the small and medium scale healthcare industry for bringing solution to their day to day problems.